OVERVIEW OF VULCAN MATERIALS COMPANY
Vulcan Materials Company is the nation’s largest producer of construction aggregates and a major producer of aggregates-based construction materials including asphalt and ready-mixed concrete. We run our business with great discipline and integrity.
At Vulcan, our people share a competitive drive for excellence, in an environment of trust, teamwork, positive reinforcement, open-mindedness and communication.
Ours is a culture of mutual respect, integrity and committed spirit. Opportunity, community and unity is our way of doing business. We call it The Vulcan Way.
- Manage the order book and service hauler base for an assigned territory or region.
- Receive orders, assemble logistics plan, schedule delivery of construction and non-construction materials, and solicit new business.
- Ensure that correct products and quantities are delivered in a timely manner.
- Maintain records of daily production of orders and process accounts payable and receivable.
- Attract new, and maintain current hauler/carrier relationships as well as all hauler files.
- Assemble and actively manage the ever-changing daily logistics plan for assigned territory or region.
- Manage all logistics and material orders to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Procure sufficient carriers to fulfill all delivery obligations.
- Sustain appropriate levels of customer contact to ensure exceptional service levels.
- Preserve proper levels of communication with construction aggregate order management group, sales and operations manager.
- Prepare and maintain delivery data, reports, and records of daily production orders.
- Solicit new orders/business that compliments the daily logistics plan.
- Maintain and improve process efficiencies.
- Job site visits to interact with customer contacts and carriers.
- Conduct quarterly quarry reviews with Vulcan stakeholders.
- Negotiate rates with carriers and potential dump sites.
- Develop annual territory budget.
- Conduct annual carrier meetings.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to sit for long periods; be able to use common office tools and technology, such as cell phone, office telephone, calculator, computer, and other electronic devices. Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to drive an automobile on a daily basis; there may be a periodic need to travel by airline.
Mental Requirements: The candidate must be self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal direct supervision. Need to be able to work in a stressful, deadline oriented environment that requires thinking and acting quickly and creatively to resolve problems. Memorize and recall detailed information. Communicate effectively with customers as well as truckers.
Tools and Equipment Used: Computers, calculator, telephones, fax machines, cell phones and automobiles.