Gazelle Sports is currently recruiting a Store Manager for Gazelle Sports Birmingham. This position actively supports the training and development of staff to create a culture of care for customers and staff. The Store Manager guides all systems which leads the store’s operational excellence ensuring a consistent brand message is delivered and sales growth is maximized.
This is a full time salaried position and is based out of Gazelle Sports Birmingham.
Review the full Job Description for more information.
Retail Manager (Salary)
The store manager actively directs all aspects of a retail store location. Leading staff to pursue all methods of retail
excellence. They support and nurture a culture of care for customer and staff. The store manager oversees the
development and implementation of strategic goals and tactics which contribute to the store’s success.
Lead Customer and Staff Experience as Core Focus
- Supports systems which deliver World’s Best customer care.
- Lead customer care experience of staff which showcases personalized service and care
- Support and recognize staff for positive selling behaviors
- Guide store operational procedures for consistency of delivery
- Support and coach resolution of staff concerns
- Value team members contributions to store
- Be a visible mentor for all staff communicating store vision and goals
Support Brand Relevance and Authenticity
- Create collaborative opportunities with community organizations, businesses, and professionals which support health and fitness and align with strategic values
- Support brand message through visual branding and merchandising of product in store.
- Support community outreach staff to execute consistent brand message at events, clinics, and programs
- Monitor social media usage of staff to promote brand, drive events and sales
Implement and Support Store Operations for Retail Excellence
- Proficient in business analytics and tactics which drive sales
- Lead development of annual budget and ongoing monitoring of store’s financial performance
- Establish capital expenditure needs
- Develop, monitor and adjust staff schedules to support business needs
- Oversee shipping and receiving function to ensure timely product flow
- Teach and train all aspects related to Retail Star and store transactional policies and procedures
- Oversee physical inventories
Hire and Develop Exceptional Staff
- Realistically assess current and future needs of staffing
- Actively recruit, interview and hire key players
- Teach tools and systems which support professional selling skills and strong customer engagement
- Consistently review performance benchmarks and coach results
- Conduct yearly evaluations and day to day coach individual staff on product, promotions, and community involvement.
- Monitor store hiring wages and adjustments
- Support store training of new hires and ongoing weekly staff development and training.
- Train Sales Floor Leaders to lead others in manager’s absence.
- Support development of assistant manager (s)
- Show daily desire to live Gazelle’s Sports mission and support others to do so
- Respect, value and appreciate all staff and their roles
- Fosters enjoyable work atmosphere
- Seen as trustworthy and fair
- Professional in approach in confidential matters