Position Title: Senior Director, Foundation Hours: Full-Time; Exempt
Department: Foundation Date Revised: November 2019
Reports To: President & CEO
Leads, develops, and works with Foundation team responsible for generating private and public gift revenues from individuals, corporations, and foundations. Oversees all areas of the Foundation including Special Events, Major Gifts, Annual Fund, Legacy & Planned Giving, Campaigns, and Database Management.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Leads and manages The Community House Foundation (TCHF) development efforts; raising funds to reach the annual budget by implementing an annual overall development plan and strategy.
· Establishes and implements short and long-range goals for funding sources for the development team.
· Develops, plans, and implements 3-4 Foundation fundraising events including SIP/Gala, Oktoberfest/Hopz, and the Bates Street Society Dinner signature event all in coordination with the Office of President & CEO.
· Oversees successful planning and execution of 3-4 additional fundraising events lead by development team.
· Cultivates, nurtures, and maintains relationships with individual donors, corporate and foundation sponsors, and corporate partners.
· Identifies new potential donors and/or corporate partners; works from book of 100-125 personal prospects - develops matrix, action plan, activities, next steps to build and cultivate relationships.
· Seeks support from corporations in the form of corporate sponsorships.
· Manages the Bates Street Society and continued engagement and appropriate recognition of the organizations most generous donors.
· Acts as a liaison to the President’s Advisory Council (PAC) and attends regular meetings to support their efforts.
· Leads the creation and maintenance of overall brand and look of Foundation fundraising events.
· Prepares and submits weekly Foundation summary report to Office of the President.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
· Tracks the progress of individual donations, grants, named gifts and corporate sponsorships.
· Oversees the proper maintenance of donor records and the preparation of correspondence acknowledging gifts, grants and tributes with the assistance of Foundation Database Coordinator.
· Oversees traditional and social media marketing as it relates to Development and Special Events; including but not limited to print media, Constant Contact, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
· Serves as the co-liaison with Berline creative agency for all graphic design needs.
· Serves as a member of the Senior Leadership Team and attends all meetings as requested by the President and CEO.
· Attends all management, department and staff meetings.
· Attends Board of Directors meetings as requested.
· Supports the mission of The Community House.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Oversees all Foundation staff including the hiring, training, supervising, evaluating, disciplining and terminating of Foundation employees.
· Acts as liaison for outsourced creative and branding work as it relates to Foundation Special Events.
Employee and Public Contact:
· Develops and maintains relationships with organization donors and corporate sponsors.
· Works closely with development team, hospitality team, volunteer coordinator, and grant writers.
· Works closely with the Office of the President & CEO.
Job occasionally requires standing and sitting for long periods of time.
May work at the computer or talk on the phone for extended periods of time.
Working Conditions and Environment:
Performs the essential functions and responsibilities in keeping with the status of an Exempt Employee.
Works flexible hours which includes some evenings and weekends to attend meetings, special events, and other activities.
Travels offsite for meetings and events as needed.
EOE... More >><< Less