Jefferson Health to Host 18th Annual Camden County Veterans Medal Award Ceremony on Thursday, November 7th
16 area veterans to be honored, including two World War II veterans
DATE: Thursday, November 7, 2019
TIME: 11 a.m.
PLACE: Jefferson Center at Voorhees
1099 White Horse Road
Voorhees, NJ 08043
EVENT: Camden County veterans will be honored with a special medal ceremony.
Jefferson Health will host its 18th Annual Veterans Medal Award Ceremony for Camden County veterans, whether currently serving or honorably discharged. This year, the following 16 veterans - seven Army, five Navy, and four Air Force - will receive a Camden County Military Service Medal:
· Thomas A. Appleton - Cherry Hill, Navy, BM3
· Alan S. Baker - Cherry Hill, Air Force, Capt.
· Gerard N. Belanger - Haddonfield, Army (Air Corps), Major
· Cynthia M. Biggio - Magnolia, Navy, SN3
· Wilfredo M. Caberto - Voorhees, Navy, SK3
· Ronald T. Gorski - Voorhees, Air Force, A2
· Lenwood Hamilton - Cherry Hill, Army, Sp5
· Philip E. Kenerley - Westmont, Army, Sp4
· Myron C. Kern - Gibbsboro, Navy, EM2
· Walter A. Lesniowski - Cherry Hill, Army, Sp4
· Albert B. Lewis - Lindenwold, Army, Pfc
· Timothy Lewis - Lindenwold, Army, Spc
· Michael D. Mackenzie - Magnolia, Air Force, Pvt
· Sheldon J. Mester - Cherry Hill, Army, Sp4
· Thomas C. Musumeci - Sicklerville, Navy, SN
· James W. Warner, Sr. - Clementon, Air Force, A1
Of those honored, two served in World War II, one in Korea, and six in Vietnam.
The Military Service Medal was created by the Freeholder Board to “honor the men and women who have made Camden County proud by serving their country with honor and valor,” said Melinda Kane, liaison to the Camden County Office of Veterans Affairs. These veterans, she said, are being honored for their “dedication to our nation and their undying patriotism.”
Camden County’s Board of Freeholders, and Office of Veterans Affairs, will be joined by representatives from the Jewish War Veterans Post 126 in Cherry Hill; Samaritan Healthcare and Hospice; and the Jewish Family & Children's Service of Southern NJ.