Plymouth Yacht Club; established in 1890, Plymouth Yacht Club (PYC), a private club on the South Shore is looking for an experienced, capable, energetic General Manager. The General Manager is responsible for leading the day-to-day operations of the Club, reports to the Commodore, and is responsible to the Executive Board. The General Manager’s responsibilities include ensuring member satisfaction, and implementing the Club’s policies and strategy as defined by its Executive Board. The General Manager is responsible for leading and directing all day-to-day and long-term activities associated with the Club.
• Ensure the safety of all members, guests, and staff while on club grounds or using club boats.
• Ensure members’ needs are met and concerns are being addressed.
• Works with the Flags Officers, Committee Chairs and EBoard in the execution of the Operational Plan, construct a Business Plan and a Marketing Plan that drives Club revenues and achieves the agreed upon results.
• Responsible for all financial operations of the club, including budgeting, billing, accounts payables, payroll, and general bookkeeping.
• Oversee the maintenance and repair of the club’s property, clubhouse, docks, boats, and equipment.
• Hire, train, and supervise all staff.
• Maintain the club’s website and provide regular communications to members regarding upcoming events and activities at the club.
• Respond to membership inquiries and facilitate the recruitment of new members.
• Maintain effective communication with the club’s officers, directors, and committees.
• Provide monthly reports to the Executive Board regarding the club’s operations.
• Identify opportunities to improve operations, financial performance, and grow membership.
• Effectively manage and oversee Club operations. Although the GM will rely on the Department Managers to operate the daily activities, the GM will be ultimately responsible for overall performance metrics and service.
• Design, implement and maintain operating policies and procedures that align and support the Club’s policies.
• Represent the Club to members, employees and the community.
• Manage the development, implementation and ongoing monitoring of the annual operating and capital budgets and the Club’s overall financial results.
• Maintain effective communication with the Flag officers and EBoard on Club operations, financial reports, risk analysis, compliance, asset management, human resources, membership initiatives and capital projects.
• Effectively manage and oversee all House and Waterfront managers, staff and vendors.
• Ensures that all legal requirements are consistently adhered to including wages and work hours; and federal, state and/or local laws pertaining to purchase and consumption of alcoholic beverages.
• Ensure a safe working environment and positive employee morale.
• Ensure that all services to members and guests are conducted in a highly professional manner.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to interact positively with PYC officers, managers, staff, members and the public to promote a team effort and maintain a positive and professional approach.
• Ability to seek out new and innovative ways to meet and assure positive member experiences.
• Ability to lead by example, follow directives, take constructive criticism and treat subordinates and member/guests with courtesy and respect.
• Assist in the management and develop of the club’s instructional sailing and other educational programs.
• Assist the Sailing committees with the coordination, planning, promotion, and execution of events and activities.
• Identify opportunities to improve, expand, or add to the club’s current programs to meet the needs of our current members and to attract new members.