Even when markets are volatile, there is one person you can count on for staying the course: Bill Harris. As a Certified Financial Planner™ Practitioner, an Ed Slott Elite IRA Advisor and a member of the Financial Planning Association (FPA), Bill’s knowledge and expertise optimizes our client’s financial resources to help them achieve their dreams in the calm and the storm. How? Bill’s experience in the financial sector began over 25 years ago. In his former roles, Bill worked for State Street Global Advisors and in the custodial field for State Street Bank with numerous mutual fund companies, fund managers and investment advisors as an account manager in domestic and international operations.
When he co-founded WH Cornerstone Investments in 1996, he knew it would be with the following goals in mind:
- A philosophy of independent investing and research
- A focus on best of breed money management with boutique options for the best return on client’s investments
- A commitment to client satisfaction and education
To support his vision, Bill lectures frequently on financial planning topics and has a monthly newspaper column INVESTORS, PLANS AND MONEY. Bill is often tapped by the media and has appeared in several books for his thoughts on financial topics ranging from portfolio diversification to real estate.
His knowledge is known throughout the community, where he started the webinar education series for the Financial Planning Association of Massachusetts and is currently serving on the board of directors and heads the Programming Committee. Bill is a former member of the Finance Committee for the Town of Duxbury and the South Shore Workforce Investment Board (SSWIB). In 2010, Bill was elected to serve as a Commissioner on the Plymouth County Charter Commission.
Bill has an MBA from Suffolk University and a BS in Management from Daniel Webster College. An avid fisherman, he is Treasurer of the Plymouth Yacht Club and chases, captures and collects fish around the bay in his Duxbury Dory. Bill lives in Duxbury and the Berkshires with his wife, Paula Harris.
He still has a few tricks up his sleeve…Who knew? Bill also…
- has been 20 ft from a grizzly bear while fishing Contact Creek at Katmai National Park, Alaska
- has been on Air Force One—twice
- has had lunch with Rudy Giuliani, Colin Powell and Janet Yellen
- flew aerobatic planes
- was Boston’s middleweight wrestling champion
- was a Boston Park Ranger
- was an audience member for the Rex Trailer Boomtown TV show